Friday, January 18, 2008

The beginning

Well folks, I have jumped on the blogging bandwagon. I'm not sure what possessed me to start this, but I think I'm just looking for a way to organize my thoughts. As is true for most bloggers, I think this is more for me than for anyone else. And if it happens to resonate with someone else, then even better.

For the most part, this blog is going to be about my journey to be a mother. TTC (Trying to Conceive) is not as simple as going off the pill and 9 months later you have a baby. While that may happen for some people, most couples need to make a little more effort.

My story:

9/18/04: Married the love of my life

8/21/06: Closed on our first house

11/06: I take my last birth control pill and we decide to "see what happens"

5/07: I decide "seeing what happens" may not be enough so I start charting to determine if/when I ovulate (a very important step in making a baby!)

9/30/07: I finally get a positive pregnancy test! After 11 cycles we are going to have a baby! I start planning, bookmarking nursery ideas and buying pregnancy books.

10/12/07: I start spotting. I freak out. I go to the doctor. I get blood drawn. I'm told it could be nothing, or it could be a miscarriage. Great. I'm told to go home and relax, get another blood draw, and call back if the spotting gets worse.

10/13/07: The spotting turns to bleeding and my worst fears come true. I know I'm losing my pregnancy. There's a lot of emotions that go along with this, but I think I'll save that for another entry. Needless to say, my husband and I are devastated.

12/07: I start my first round of Clomid - a fertility drug that should not only alleviate my spotting problem, but hopefully will help get me pregnant.

1/08: Round 2 of Clomid...who knows? I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

...even me. And everybody needs a place to let it out. My blog about trying to have a baby, loss, and life in general.