Monday, April 7, 2008

It's official.

As if the doubling betas and visible sacs on the ultrasound weren't enough to convince me, the symptoms have started. I am definitely pregnant.

I'll be honest, so far I think I've been pretty lucky. While it's still early, I've heard that most moms of twins feel symptoms right away, and they're horrendous. Mine just started this weekend and have been relatively moderate. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself to spend the next 2 months chained to the bathroom.

1. Sore boobs.
This was the first. It started a few days after getting the official news. Not terribly sore, but I could feel the tenderness if they were touched. So what do I do? Keep groping myself constantly to make sure I'm still pregnant (with my last pregnancy sore boobs were my only symptom and they went away right before the m/c). The constant fondling not only makes me look like a perv, but makes the soreness worse. Smart girl, aren't I?

2.Fatigue
I'm sorry, what was I saying? I must have dozed off...
I'm finding it hard to stay up at night, and I get pretty run down during the day, even though my job is sitting at a desk. In fact, it's taken me a while to write this blog post, because I'm not focusing.

3. Constipation
No further explanation needed.

4. Nausea
So far, this has been the worst part. It started this past weekend. I haven't puked yet (Thank God) but my stomach has just felt...off. It helps to eat a lot of small meals and not let myself get hungry. I hope it doesn't get worse.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Hooray for symptoms! I'm so so happy for you and wish you the very best pregnancy.

Laura said...

Thanks Tamara! I'm grateful for every symptom I have!

...even me. And everybody needs a place to let it out. My blog about trying to have a baby, loss, and life in general.