Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Adventures in solids

The twins have been eating solids for a couple of months now. We started with rice cereal, but Danny had some issues with it being too binding. So we switched to oatmeal, and they like that. So far they've had sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, peaches, pears, green beans, peas, banannas, and applesauce. They're not picky eaters at all! We tried some of the mixed fruit containers and those have been good - with the exception of pears and pineapple. Danny broke out into a rash the day after we tried that. Since he's had pears alone and been fine, and there were no other changes (detergent, clothing, etc.) to cause an allergic reaction, I have to assume it was the pineapple. Of course, once I started reading about food allergies, I learned you're not supposed to give citrus fruit til one year because of the high risk of allergies! Glad I found out now!

I'm looking to start table foods within the next few weeks - maybe egg yolks, pasta, or waffles. We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

...even me. And everybody needs a place to let it out. My blog about trying to have a baby, loss, and life in general.