Thursday, February 21, 2008

What a week

Well, there's been a lot going on this week. Brian came home from his trip Thursday night (Valentine's Day, of course) and the moment he gets home we run up to bed. No, not for romance (get your mind out of the gutter) but because he is as sick as a dog. Apparently everyone at that conference had the same nasty bug, and Brian was not immune. So my weekend was spent playing nursemaid, then patient because of course I caught whatever it was.

Then I get my latest progesterone results, and I nearly have a heart attack because they have doubled from last time. They went from 13.3 to 27.9. That sort of jump seemed crazy to me, so because I have to overanalyze everything, I make myself crazy thinking it means I'm pregnant. But guess what? All it means my progesterone is high. Nothing more, because I am decidedly NOT pregnant. But hey, it wouldn't be me if I didn't overreact to something, right!

Finally, today was the big RE appointment. We talked about a lot, and after some tests were scheduled, we decided to try IUI (intrauterine insemination) this cycle. It's strange to think about the fact that I'll be getting pregnant in a doctor's office instead of by having sex with my husband. But overall what matters is a healthy baby, and in the long run, does it matter how it happened? That's how I keep trying to think about it, but it's still weird. It sort of feels like giving up, even though I know it's actually our best shot. So I imagine I'll be spending some time wrapping my mind around that.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Good luck w/ the iui. I know what you mean about how it's kind of weird. We (I) laughed about how odd it was to be getting pg with another guy and girl in the room. DH didn't think it was too funny though. I'll be thinking of you!

...even me. And everybody needs a place to let it out. My blog about trying to have a baby, loss, and life in general.