Thursday, March 20, 2008

Holy Crap.

I am knocked up. Officially. I can't believe it, but it's happening. My heart was literally pounding while I was talking to the nurse. I went in for betas yesterday morning 14 days after my IUI, and they said they'd call that afternoon with the results. Lo and behold, at 11:10 am I get the call.

My HCG was 117, which is really good for 14DPIUI. I go back Saturday morning for more b/w, so those numbers better double!

Confession: I had actually tested Tuesday night and got a BFP, but I was afraid it was a false positive because of the trigger. I didn't want to post anything and "jinx" it til I got the official word.

Holy crap, is this really happening? :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats!

I have a question about Clomid.. my doctor just put me on it and I start tomorrow.. did it work for you? Anything else you can tell me about it?
Thanks!

Laura said...

Hi Michelle,

Well, it depends on what you mean by "worked"! Clomid helps you ovulate - that's its main purpose. If it helps you get pregnant, that's just a bonus. For me, I took it for 3 cycles to help my LP spotting and increase my progesterone. It did that. So even though I didn't get pregnant til my fourth round, I would say yes, it works. Just don't expect it to be a magic pill that will get you knocked up right away. It's a serious drug with serious side effects, so make sure your doctor monitors you. Good luck with it!

...even me. And everybody needs a place to let it out. My blog about trying to have a baby, loss, and life in general.