Thursday, March 6, 2008

I've been sperminated!

Yes, that's right. This morning we got to experience the magic of my husband jerking off into a cup and then getting it shoved up inside me through a tube. How romantic. It's not how I pictured our child being conceived, but I also never pictured it taking over a year and having a m/c. So there's a lot to re-adjust to.

I go back in 2 weeks to get a blood test. I won't be using any home pregnancy tests, I'm just going to wait for the results of the b/w. I am going to try (emphasis on TRY) not to think about it during the next 2 weeks. Easier said than done, but I can't keep focusing on this. I'm ready to drive myself nuts.

All in all, this process has been tough for Brian and I. For a number of reasons, we've decided that if this IUI doesn't work, we're going to take a break from TTC for a few months. No charts, no meds, no blood tests. We need to take some time to focus on our relationship and reconnect. If I get pregnant during that time then great, but we won't be doing anything extraordinary to try and make it happen.

I think it will also be a good opportunity for me to expand my blogging beyond just TTC. I need to focus on other parts of my life, so I might as well blog about them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand where you are coming from right now. My husband and I went through 4 rounds of IUI at which point I just needed a break. The month after we decided to take a break from all the stress, we got pregnant all on our own. I had to laugh to myself about all the money, time and stress we put out trying to have a child, and then it happened on its own. But that's ok -- I'll take being pregnant any way I can get it :). My husband thought that maybe it was because we just decided to give the whole thing a rest, and the lack of stress on both of us proved to be a good thing. -- Anyway, to make a long story short, we are now the proud parents of a cute little 3 year old girl. -- So hang in there, enjoy the time you have with just the 2 of you, and I'm sure in a few years when you have your precious little child all of this will be a distant memory.
Hugs to you,
Rebecca

Laura said...

Thanks for the well wishes Rebecca! Congratulations on your little girl!

...even me. And everybody needs a place to let it out. My blog about trying to have a baby, loss, and life in general.