Monday, March 17, 2008

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

One of my favorite things to do its bake. I've decided to use this blog to post recipes I like. Last night I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, which were awesome. Nice and chewy, and not too dense. A lot of PB cookies end up with a shortbread consistency, which is good for some people, but I prefer a softer cookie.

One thing I might change would be to add more peanut butter. It calls for 1/2 cup, and I added almost 3/4 cup but it still wasn't super peanut buttery. If you like more PB flavor maybe try a whole cup. You could also try cutting down the chocolate chips since putting in the whole bag makes it very chocolatey. However, cutting out any chocolate is equal to treason in my mind, so I will always use the full bag of chips.

Also, the recipe calls for it to bake 12-14 min. That is WAY too long. I like my cookies a bit undercooked, but even when I baked them for 10 minutes they were really brown on the outside. 8-9 minutes seems to work well (if you like gooey cookies).







Recipe: (from Allrecipes.com)

PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped semisweet chocolate

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the corn syrup, water, and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

...even me. And everybody needs a place to let it out. My blog about trying to have a baby, loss, and life in general.